Following on from the great pictures from Kiff's build I thought I would share my pictures from mine too.....
My journey started with a rash ebay purchase for £180..... little did I realise that the road would be such a long one.
When I got the hulk home this is what was in the boot!!!
I discovered that the previous owner had spent all of his time and money doing the shell and had totally avoided any mechanical work - the result was that 8 years spent in a damp barn had rusted every nut and bolt and meant that the removal of any component meant rounded off or snapped nuts.
After many hours with a brush the block was finally ready for some paint.
Many hours of scraped knuckles (I know your pain Kiff!!) later I had mananged to make the exhaust (2.5"). Also made the backbox and tailpipe from Ashley parts.
Once the engine was installed (all internals new - rings, seals, bearings etc etc).
I then set about making a cold air feed box and strut brace.
My first show - its not concours and NEVER will be - ha!
Oh and I also had reservations about the colour Kiff - but now I love the burgundyness!!!
Nice work on the engine rebuild, Nice meaty exhaust too, i only went 2" for mine More photo's of your strut brace please! I want to do some strut to bulk head braces too, but would love to see how you did yours. Fab work and bracing looks top notch too
Will see if I can get some pics of the brace uploaded. When I made it, it was more of a wet weekend job (while waiting for engine bits to arrive) and is too flimsy in my opinion - I just used some spare steel that I had laying around.
If I were to do another one I would go for much heavier gauge plate and make it lower (the current one is a tad high and fouls the bonnet strengthening sections).